Earth Day will be here this weekend, and here at eFavorMart.com we’re always in favor of making smart, green decision for your party or event. While so much from a party or reception can create waste, there are so many ways to also reduce that waste!
- Remember before leaving for the big day to unplug all of your electronics, chargers, and remind your family to do so as well!
- Choose to buy cotton tablecloths and linens that can be washed and reused for multiple events.
- Favor boxes are for more than sweets. Ask guests to make sure that no food goes to waste, and make themselves doggy bags to bring the leftovers home as well.
- Hold your ceremony and reception in the same location if possibly. If you can’t, provide a shuttle or encourage carpooling (to the ceremony as well!) so there are fewer emissions.
- Up-cycle old ideas, like vintage touches for your dresses, bridesmaids, and other ‘something old’ touches to your wedding.
- Grow your own flowers for decorations, bouquets, or centerpieces. Growing the flowers for your groomsmen’s suit jackets is a sweet touch for everyone to enjoy as well!
- Plant tiny trees, herbs or flowers in the centerpiece vases that will keep on living rather than die later.
Will you pledge to have a ‘go-green’ wedding?