Bon voyage! Whether you’re off to Hawaii, Cancun, or Italy for your big day, we’ve get some island-inspired decor ideas for you and your guests to enjoy. Here are a few of our favorite destination wedding trends for 2012:
1. Bubbles: Bubbles are back! Brides love the ambiance wedding bubbles creates after “I do’s” have been exchanged. Bubbles prove to be a fabulous accessory in wedding photos!
2. Entertainment: Hiring local musicians and providing live music to your guests is always fun. This will have everyone on their feet enjoying the dance floor.
3. Décor: Bows are a must this year. Whether you’re having an indoor or outdoor wedding, satin chair sashes that come in every color of the rainbow will add an elegant touch to the space.
4. Dessert: If you’re a less traditional bride who loves to soak up the culture of your destination then choosing a local-inspired dessert is ideal. If you’re having your wedding in Paris then creme brulee will please your guests and if you’re in Cancun then fried ice cream is a gem.
5. Favors: This year, personalized favors are super popular. From luggage tags to lip balm, the bride and groom can personalize just about anything.
You don’t always have to follow the rules. Knowing the trends for this year’s destination weddings can help you plan your wedding day the way you want it!